The world is overweight, especially in the United States. Every year we seem to get lazier and fatter.
People who have put on a few extra pounds typically fall into one of two categories. They are either obsessed with dieting and losing weight or they just do not seem to care. They are both doomed to fail.
The former group will likely fail because of their unreasonable expectations, while the latter group thinks that weight loss and fitness are just too difficult, so they give up without even trying.
If you belong to either group, you need to put things into perspective. You will probably never develop a supermodel figure or bodybuilder physique. But the good is that you do not need to.
Fitness is not about hourglass figures or washboard abs. Just losing a few pounds can add years to your life and make those years much more enjoyable.
Excess weight can reduce your stamina, put stress on your joints, and even cause illnesses, such as heart disease or diabetes.
So start each day with the intention of eating better and getting just a little exercise. Do this one day at a time and you will find it to be much easier than you expected.
Here are some tips to help you get started.
1. Start your day with a tall glass of cold water. Not only is it a great way to start the day, but you feel less hungry, so you will eat less.
2. Try to eat breakfast within an hour of getting up in the morning. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but you should not wait until you get really hungry or you may be inclined to eat too much.
3. Eat a lot of fresh fruit. They are an excellent source of nutrition and many contain the extra fiber that your body needs. You probably know what a lack of fiber can do to you.
4. Do not forget the vegetables. Try to eat at least one salad every day. When you feel the urge to snack, try some celery or carrot sticks. Some people seem to have a phobia about veggies, but they really are good when you give them a chance.
5. Control your sweet tooth. Sweet usually means sugar, which translates into calories. Too much sugar can harm you in many other ways, as well.
6. Keep a food diary. Write down everything that you eat. At the end of the day, you may be surprised, even shocked by what you have written down.
7. Stay away from fried foods. Even if the oil is drained away, there is still a lot of hidden oil, which adds fat and calories.
8. Do not be a couch potato. There are several little things that you can do for exercise. Walking instead of driving. Bike riding. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. If you just stop for a moment and think about it, you can come up with dozens of ideas.
So start with small goals and find how much easier it gets every day.
And let's face it, is that not that what you are looking for? Easy?
About the Author
For more information go to: http://www.ukisolutions.com
Would you like to know how to...
Look Better, Feel Better, and Raise Your Energy & Self-Esteem 150% by Losing Up To 28 Pounds in Only 3 Weeks!
At last, the truth about permanent weight loss will be exposed, so that YOU can Realistically and Easily Lose Your Excess Weight, and get your Confidence back - from the comfort of your own home. As an individual who has battled with my weight for many years, I will show you how I lost 28 pounds in 3 weeks, and threw away ALL of the worthless diet plans, pills, and supplements!
And I Challenge YOU To Do the Same Right Now!
Click Here to find out how!